Thursday, April 17, 2008

Preaching and Pregnancy

The other day Brian, Kate, and I were on a lunch time walk. Brian was discussing some sermon and sermon series ideas. He very much enjoys preaching but was mentioning how never ending the task sometimes is. I do have some sympathy on this topic. I think it would be hard enough speaking in front of 1,300 people once. Doing this every weekend, preparing something relevant, interesting, and inspiring, I can't begin to imagine. On our walk that day, Brian mentioned how he read in one of his preaching books that giving sermons was like giving birth on Sunday, waking up on Monday, realizing your pregnant, and having to do it all over. I am generally a pretty empathetic wife but to that I responded, "A man must have definitely written that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH YES-A man DEFINITELY wrote that! I laughed out loud at that one! It IS a never-ending job and Brian certainly excels at that! We love you! Mommy

The Libutti Family said...

Amen, sister.
Love, Cheryl