Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kate's 2nd Road Trip

One thing I find amazing as a new Mom is how one smile can bring such joy to your life! Our little Kate has been so smiley. If you pretty much look at her with a smile, she responds with her own toothless grin.

Last week Kate and I took our second road trip to Chicago. My Uncle Tom and his wife Alina are having a baby boy in May and we traveled to Chicago for the shower. Below is the cake my Mom and I made for the shower. We almost lost it in transport, but luckily it survived. You can check out their new blog for pictures of the event, www.tomaszekfamily.blogspot.com.


This road trip went even smoother than the first. Though we did have to leave our Daddy behind in Michigan, Kate and I talked to him quite a bit.

In Chicago we enjoyed the nicer weather with some walks around the lakes, Kate loved to watch her grandpa pack for e-bay, and we even went on a busy buying excursion with Grandma.
When we returned to Michigan Kate had lots of smiles for her Daddy. Kate's 12 week development has been "finding" her voice. She loves to listen to herself make noises and gets in quite the rhythm at times. I have yet to truly capture her chattiness on video, but I have some clips below that give the gist. We are also planning for Kate's 3-month pictures and trying on dresses. I like the pink dress we've picked, but I'm not sure about the headband. Big decisions I know!
Kate has slept through both the last two nights and life with a 3-month old is truly wonderful.

No comments: