Sunday, October 28, 2007

Start of Month 7!


Today we have officially finished 6 months of pregnancy and are starting our 7 month! The last week or so has been a big growth spurt for both the baby and me (as you can see from the picture.) The baby is now over two pounds and close to 15" long. We are in our 27th week and as the baby grows she will be adding mostly fat and weight to her already newborn-like body. Her kicks are strong enough now to not only feel them but see them, as my stomach moves with her. My belly button is also dangerously close to becoming an "outtie" in the near future.

Last week we had a little bit of a pregnancy scare. I had a little bit of light spotting on Tuesday night and actually went to the hospital to get things checked out. Everything was just fine and the doctor on call seemed to think it was related to the cough I've had for the last week and a half. Whatever it was, it was certainly a little scary. The good news is that our baby girl is far enough along at this point to live outside of my stomach, but it is also very good for her development that she has not decided to come this early.

So for the end of last week I found myself on bed rest. It actually didn't bother me at all to be off my feet for the three days, and I slept more than 10 hours each night which makes me think I might of actually needed the rest. My cold is now almost 100% gone as well. I am going to return to work on Monday and try to take it as easy as possible while trying to coral 150 kids into learning Algebra. So it has been an eventful but also not eventful last couple of days. As my friend Kristen says the baby will probably be two weeks late now and have to be enduced. I can only hope! If that happens, remind me when I'm two weeks over due that I once said that was a good thing.

No comments: