Sunday, October 21, 2007

Deep Thoughts....

Saturday was another beautiful day weather wise here in MI. It was also a great day because Brian took about 50 people from St. Peter, food, a truck full of donated clothes, new socks, new underwear, and jackets to downtown Detroit where they put on an Oktoberfest with Peace Keepers International. They made the lunch in the Church's kitchen downtown and served around 400 needy people in the area. They had games for the kids that came and rented an inflatable castle bounce-house. It was a truly successful afternoon.
In the evening Brian and I attended a silent auction to benefit the Macomb Charitable Foundation that Brian is a board member of. This is a charitable foundation that a local man started with his own contributions years ago and another local woman embraced to help grow. The foundation helps out needy kids and families from Macomb County in numerous ways. There were over 300 people last night at the silent auction and besides being a fun evening, a lot of money was raised for the foundation, and the foundation does awesome things for the area!
I guess what has been occurring to me lately is how much Brian and I have, and how much our little girl already has. She has two loving parents, four loving grandparents, numerous relatives, and many friends all ready to lavish love on her. Contrast that to the people at the Oktoberfest or the people helped by the Macomb Charitable Foundation. I also can't help but think about my own students. One of my 16 year old students is also pregnant. She is about 4 months and going to her first prenatal appointment. I can't help but see the vast head start our little girl is getting.
Being six months pregnant, I think its natural to get a little reflective. I just want so much for our daughter already! (Besides health) I guess I just hope because of all she has been given and all we will give her, our little girl will help to make a difference one day. It makes me think of the Bible verse in Luke:
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
Brian and I are certainly being entrusted with much. Hopefully, we will be able to give much as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth and Brian-you have already given much and continue to do so every day. Your daughter will see your modeling and will give much, too. God is entrusting you with His precious gift and you will take wonderful care of her-I have no doubt about that. You will be wonderful parents! Love, Linda and Wa