Sunday, January 7, 2007

Brian's Birthday Surprise


So yesterday was Brian's 27th Birthday and what he chose to do was orchestrate a surprise for me! Go figure. I did protest but it is his birthday after all.

In the morning I made him some special french toast and took him on a shopping expedition as part of his present. Some of the star finds were travel size Polo colognes, comfortable and trendy Timberland shoes, and a purple Polo dress shirt. He is really starting to branch out in fashion which is so adorable. You can check out some of his new duds in the picture to the right.

Anyways, back to the surprise. Brian took me to downtown Detroit which I admit at first I was a little nervous. My nervousness quickly disappeared as Brian drove us through a very nice neighborhood by the GM headquarters downtown. As he turned a corner past the Hard Rock Cafe I saw the surprise. Ice Skating! My reaction I guess was what Brian was looking for because he said, "There, that was my birthday present." We had such fun and downtown was so pretty. Detroit really does have some potential. The only fall we had was mine as I was trying to perfect my Minnesota learned spins. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, sat at the bar, and watched the Cowboys Seahawks game. According to Brian (and me) it was a great night!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yes, I love blogs!!! Brian and Bethie it is so good to see you guys and as always you take wonderful pictures. Happy Birthday Brian! I don't know that we will start a 27 year old club because then it would be like we need to keep doing that and it won't be cool into our 30s. When we get our blog going again I will send you the link!