Sunday, January 9, 2011

Barbara J. Oszakiewski

March 23rd 1961 - January 5th 2011
After a 4 year long battle with ALS my beloved aunt Barbie passed away last week. While it is a blessing that she is free from this disease and the troubles of this world, it is very sad that a light so bright was extinguished so early. We had a memorial service on Sunday and my sister, Katie, delivered a fantastic eulogy which I have linked below. We were also able to put together a video slide show with one of Aunt Barbie's favorite songs, Bocelli's Time To Say Goodbye which you can view below. Barbie was a wonderful person who we all miss very much.


CLICK HERE for Barbie's Eulogy delivered by my sister Katie


Untitled from Elizabeth Davies on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was truely beautiful!! We will all miss her so much.
All our love,
The DeMonte family

The Libutti Family said...

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful, gentle person... you and katie did a beautiful job. I will always be grateful to Barbie for the empathy she showed me when I was leaving Michaela with a babysitter during your wedding- I was a little nervous about how Michaela (and I!) would do, and Barbie reassured me that it would all be fine- and it was. I was always so touched that she took a moment out of all the excitement of that day and care for me. She was a truly special person, afflicted with a truly horrible disease. She will make a most wonderful Guardian Angel for your family!
Love, Cheryl