Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010

Quite the year and quite the holiday season has come to a close. We obviously had a great year with all our very exciting changes and we had a great holiday season as well. It started with Brian's birthday party and continued to Christmas Eve which started with a wonderful service at Lord of Glory and a dinner of Sirelli's beef and mostaccoli at our house which we enjoyed with the Bundalos, Brzezinskis, and Tomaszeks.


Christmas Day Gammy and Pop Pop arrived for a visit. They seemed to thread the inclement weather of the week on both the Albany and Chicago end and had no delays. We are so thankful for that and hope that makes them even more willing to come back soon. We tackled our basement and some little projects. I was able to rest quite a bit while they were here as they were a tremendous help. On the Sunday they were here we hosted our family group for Lou Malnati's Pizza and a Bunco party.


By Sunday Kate had the whole concept of presents down and anything with wrapping paper she considered fair game. She did great as usual and everyone got her so many wonderful thoughtful things. We had a great time at all our holiday functions.


CLICK HERE to view all our CHRISTMAS 2009 PICS!


New Year's Eve was both low key and interesting. We had Carson's ribs with Katie, and Ben, and my Mom and Dad. We did not have a New Year's Baby though we were close! I had been experiencing contractions on and off all week. During the day yesterday they got so bad when I was standing they knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't walk. They subsided when I rested, but I pretty much had to lay around as much as possible while still caring for Kate. Around dinner time they started at a pretty regular pattern and persisted even when resting. Anytime I stood they were severe. I talked to the Dr. and he told me to go in and get checked out. They put me on monitors and it turns out I was having moderate contractions every 3-5 minutes. They were certainly glad I came in. The only problem was the contractions didn't seem to be inducing labor. The doctor didn't quite know what to do with me. He said I was probably in early labor and if I was closer to my due date they would have me walk around and try to get things going. If I had been earlier in the pregnancy they would have given me medicine to stop the labor. We were in a gray area, but it would probably be best to try and keep the baby in utero a little longer. He was going to admit me overnight, give me an IV, and some medication to help me sleep and weigh things in the morning. I really felt I could rest better at home and didn't want to spend New Year's Eve or Day in the hospital. So I was sent home a little before midnight on bed rest. My contractions are still moderate when resting more severe when standing. It is now the waiting game for either the contractions to worsen, the contractions to subside, official labor to start, my water to break, or my Monday appointment. Until then we are a having a very restful New Year. I am enjoying the first few low key days I've had in a long while and saving up on sleep I know I'll need for taking care of this newborn. Things have been eventful as of late, but I know the year ahead will probably be even more so and look to what 2010 will bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2010 got off to an exciting start...or maybe 2009 came to an exciting ending! We're praying it won't be long til you're holding your healthy new baby! Love, The Williamsburg Wints

Anonymous said...

Beth, Brian, and Kate-THANKS for a wonderful visit!!!! We had SUCH a great time and appreciated all your hospitality and that of your terrific parents! We are indeed blessed! Every time the phone rings we think it MAY be the announcement that Kate has a sibling! What fun! Kate is amazing--so cute and smart and loving! We look forward to our next visit! We love you all! Gammie and Pop Pop