Thursday, January 14, 2010

Megan Lynne's First Week





Meg is almost one week old! We are home and doing well. Megan has had no more episodes of respiratory issues and the pediatrician assures us that there won't be any issues related to the episodes in the future. He said there are normal abnormalities as babies transition from in utero to out in the first 72 hours and that is what Megan was experiencing. She got great observation and one-on-one care while in the hospital and I was actually able to get a little rest. Now that we're home we're still doing well. Megan is having some jaundice issues now that we've brought her home, but we are working through it with little medical intervention and hope by Saturday to be in the clear.


Meg is a calm child, eats well, and sleeps fairly well for a newborn. She is generally very content and very smiley. We know they are not specifically at us, but she smiled seven times the first day she was home. Megan is an especially cuddly child and snuggles right in to the crook of your neck. Brian and I absolutely love having a new baby in the house again and are both so happy to have this precious beautiful little girl as our own. It's only been a few days and we have had lots of help from family, but we are thus far managing well with two. Kate and Meg conveniently nap at the same time each afternoon. Kate is really starting to notice Meg and is very gentle and sweet with her. Kate will pat Megan's head, give kisses, and always let's us know if she is crying. It is so sweet to hear Kate say Baby Megan, and even sweeter to see our two angels interact with each other. I've compiled some pictures from Meg's first week below. Included in the pictures is one of me after my water broke at lunch last Friday, and Brian and I enjoying our celebratory dinner at Lake Forest Hospital.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both girls are so gorgeous! The matching pjs about did me in!! Love it!! Call me. I'm off the rest of the weekend and let me know what's up for Sun. Can't wait to snuggle the big girls!!
Kristen

Anonymous said...

For me, I feel like I am looking at pics of Kate when she was born and a week old! They are truly sisters! Love the one where Kate is kissing Meg! Thank goodness for blogs and pics! We love you all and are thrilled that Megan is here! Talk to you soon! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop

Chera, Eric and Lexi said...

Megan is so beautiful and I loved looking at all of your pictures from her first week. I especially liked the pictures with Kate holding her baby sister ... so cute! I am so glad you are all doing well. What a happy little family!

Love,
Chera, Eric and Lexi

Amy said...

You know what impresses me most? The fact that you took 68 pictures of your second-born. Taryn definitely notices that there are less photos than her....Lance doesn't stand a chance! The matching PJs are absolutely adorable. Congrats to you and Brian. Love being able to stay in touch with you guys this way!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Granddaughter Kate! We love you and hope your special day is just perfect! Gammie and Pop Pop

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you found time to blog and post those wonderful pictures the first week of being a family of four! We know the joy will just increase! Love, the Williamsburg Winterhoffs