Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy 6 Month Birthday

Our little sweetheart is officially 6 months old! It's been half a year with our little one. In some ways it's gone so fast, but in others it feels like she has been part of our lives forever. So far this is our favorite age. Kate is so interactive and so cute. She thinks everything her Dad or I do is hilarious. She loves being in her snugli. She even "helps" me carry in the groceries with it. She usually insists on holding one of the lighter bags. She is just about sitting up on her own (when she actually sits still), and she is starting to be very verbal. She is saying ma, mum, and muma. Sometimes they actually are appropriate for conversation so I think we have our first words. The other day when I went to get her from her crib, I think I got a hi. That is truly fun. Kate is also sleeping well through the night, taking an hour and a half crib nap in the afternoon, and a cat nap in the morning during our errands. She still very much enjoys solid foods with her favorite at the moment being applesauce. We've settled into a pretty good routine and are enjoying each other and the summer very much as swimming is Kate's favorite activity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 Month Birthday Kate!!

Love, Aunt Ginger

Anonymous said...

I KNOW I sound like a broken record, but could Kate GET any cuter?!? Her smile makes ME smile and I am SO eager to hold and love her in a mere 13 days! Michaela and Jenna LOVE the pics and videos with Kate in them! SO do ALL of US! We love you and just are so grateful that our 3 granddaughters have such wonderful and loving parents, grandparents,extended family, and friends! Gammie

Amy said...

Doesn't it go by in the blink of an eye? In another six months, she'll most likely be walking!