Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My First Mother's Day

It's kind of surreal that Mother's Day is now my day too. It's like all of a sudden gaining another birthday, but better! I remember last year at this time wondering if I might be pregnant by the next Mother's Day, and now that it's here I have a baby -- talk about surreal.
We had a great Sunday, and Brian made sure to make my first mother's day a special one. When I woke in the morning Kate had two new outfits to wear for the day laid out by her Daddy. (I completely agree with her onesie by the way.)
There was also a beautiful corsage for me to wear to church. After the service we came home for champagne and strawberries. Brian gave me my present, which were tickets to see a Shakespeare play in Stratford Ontario this summer. I can't wait to go. We then went to a beautiful brunch in the area. It was a great brunch in my book because it offered both eggs benedict and cannolis. After brunch I was able to nap, which was quite the treat. Maybe the best present of the day. Then we settled in for pizza and the Survivor finale. It was a great day thanks to my wonderful husband and of course my little girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Kate's getting enough to eat?? :)

Love you guys and miss you tons!
Aunt Katie

Anonymous said...

Those smiles on the Davies girls are absolutely amazing!!! God, too, is smiling on you! Can't wait to see you all in 1.5 weeks! Love, Gammie

Anonymous said...

What a special, memorable Mother's Day with your precious family.....Kate's a gorgeous little girl.....we thoroughly approve of her as a granddaughter-in-law! Love, The Winterhoffs

The Tomaszeks said...

Kate is so beautiful. So excited for our first playdate with Kate and little Thomas. Can't wait to watch them grow up together since they are so close in age.

Love,
Uncle Tom, Aunt Alinka, and Little Thomas