Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Days :(

Snow days have taken on new meaning for me now that I'm home with Kate. As a teacher an early morning snow day call brings feelings of euphoria, as you congratulate yourself for choosing the right profession and enjoy your day that is now completely unscheduled. When you find yourself at home with an infant and still on the automated phone tree for your district, that 5:30am call is not so nice. Especially, when you have just finally got your little girl down at 4:00am after much angst, have a lack-of-sleep headache, and are in the midst of the deepest sleep you can remember since she was born. That was me Monday morning, the third such call I have received since Kate was born. A sound that was once so sweet, has become quite tough to stomach. I really have to see about getting myself off that list...

No comments: