Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekend Visitors

Brian, Kate, and I had some visitors the weekend! My Mom arrived Wednesday during a huge snow storm. She babysat for us Friday night so Brian and I could go out on our first date night since Kate was born. She slept most of the time we were gone and successfully took a bottle of expressed breast milk. It was very nice to get out. My husband, the friend of all man kind, has made great friends with the manager at Longhorn. The manager thus made our first night out very special with a card, rose for me, and a complimentary dessert. Saturday my Dad arrived to see his little granddaughter, and we had a great time together. My parents left this morning, but not before My Mom and I got to dress Kate in some of her cutest outfits. There was a little objection from her Dad and Grandpa and some mention of don't torture the kid and her looking like an amish child. However, every girl waits for the day to play dress up with her very own baby girl. Besides, I carried her for 9 months and went through 20 hours of labor, so I think I have some say in the matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethie-what is your Dad doing? He looks so cute. We'll have to have Wa hold Kate as soon as we arrive Sat. Your parents took to grandparenting like ducks to water! It is SUCH fun to love our children's children! See you and Bri and Kate in a few days. Linda aka Gammie

Anonymous said...

1. I will explain Dan's pose to Linda - took me a minute to figure it out!

2. today, Kate reminded me of Brian as an infant.

3. we will see you this sat. AM!!!! hoo-ray!!

WA