Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa's Little Helper

We are fast at work tying up all of our Christmas loose ends. Luckily, Brian and I have our own little helper straight from the North Pole!
Tonight we are getting quite the beautiful snowfall, and it is the perfect landscape for the gift collection of the Macomb Charitable Foundation. Just like the snow outside, it was a magical night. The Foundation had 185 families up for adoption, and it was awesome to see the generosity of people. Even in tough times, no one did the minimum. There were bikes, vacuums, clothes, food. I can't even begin to paint the picture. Not to be cliche, but as I preoccupy myself with decorations, Christmas Cards, and house cleaning, tonight certainly put the season in perspective.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be my favorite picture of her yet!
I absolutely love the elf suit, down to her elf feet!
Time to sit her down and watch our favorite Christmas movie "Elf" soon.
Love you guys, but especially Love your little helper.
Mama

Anonymous said...

What an ADORABLE picture of Kate in her elf costume! Where did you get it? I have never seen one. I'll bet she is a terrific helper! It is so wonderful to see you enjoying being the terrific parents you are! God is so good. We can hug you all in 10 days! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop

Katie and Ben said...

WOW! Kate is darn cute! Those pictures brought such a smile to my face. I love you guys and I can't wait to spend Christmas with you guys! Ben is very excited to be spending Christmas with his new family as well ;)

Love,
Aunt Katie & Uncle Ben