Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat






Friday was Kate's first Halloween and our first Halloween with child. It was probably the most fun Halloween of my life! The weather was just gorgeous and Kate had an absolute blast. We went to the wonderful home of a family from church. They had an amazing spread of food, a bonfire, and we went trick or treating in their neighborhood. Kate loved hanging out with the kids and all the action of the night. I swear she thinks she's at least 10 already. For Halloween here in Michigan a siren goes off at 6, and all the kids can start trick or treating (another goes off at 8 to end the festivities.) Many of the houses really go all out with decorations, and almost everyone sits in their driveway with a fire going, socializing, and handing out treats. Parents with kids go for a trick or treating stroll with adult beverages in hand. I mean almost everyone had a drink with them. It was a little bit of an odd site for a residential area, but yet very fun. It was kind of like a family tail-gate party if such a thing is possible. I think the neat part was everyone in the community out and visiting with each other. Brian and I really enjoyed the wonderful company for the night, and, of course, seeing our little girl so happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a year full of first in terms of holidays with Kate.....they'll ALL be your happiest ever! Enjoy that sweet precious blessing! Grams Winterhoff

Anonymous said...

Looks like she got a lot of candy, maybe she can send some to Uncle Eric? Sounds like you guys had a blast and a very Happy Birthday to Beth, I remember when I was 23?

Eric

Anonymous said...

So nice to see a little winnie the pooh for Kate!

Love, Aunt Ginger

Anonymous said...

Looks like Halloween is quite the holiday in Macomb! Kate looks like she was having a blast! Happy Birthday, beloved Beth! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop

Anonymous said...

Bethie and Brian, Your daughter is so beautiful! It is so good to see you guys always smiling. I could see the joy see brings to your life. I am so happy for you both! Bethie, I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I hope to see you all over the holidays. Can you please tell your Uncle Tom and his wife a big Congratulations from me. Love you, Auntie Cindy

Katie and Ben said...

Looks like Kate has a few more teeth in that smile of hers....