Saturday, March 1, 2008

Kate Video Week 6 and Confessions


I have to share how neurotic I can be. Before we found out Kate was a sweet little girl, I had picked out two sets of bedding from Target. I didn't want any particular nursery theme like bears, trucks, winnie the pooh etc. I wanted something simple and cute of course. I fell in love with the carter's sweet baby girl and sweet baby boy bedding. They are respectively just the right shades of pink and blue, with just a touch of the perfect celery green, and a little white for good measure. They were perfect for my nursery plans, and I love Kate's bedding. I mentioned to Carrie Winterhoff after they found out they were having a boy about the boy's bedding. She looked at it, liked it, found out they were discontinuing it, and 8 hours after her ultrasound ran to Target and purchased the bedding (among other coordinating things.) Her husband thought this might have been a little quick. Well, I have Carrie beat. I am not pregnant, not planning on it for a little while, don't know for certain if I will be pregnant with a boy in the future, but am now also the proud owner of the Carter's Sweet Baby Boy Bedding, the mobile, and a coordinating blanket courtesy of my Mom and ebay. There it is, off my chest and, it feels much better.
Below is some video of Kate in her sixth week of life! We really feel like she is becoming less and less of a newborn. Hope you enjoy the video.

CLICK HERE for Video of Kate in Week Six!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Beth! (and Brian)
I have been SO temped with a few things for "just in case we have a boy.." so I don't blame you! I love seeing the videos and the pictures. You are doing such a great job with Miss Kate. She seems like lots of fun!
Take care! Theresa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brian and Beth! Your baby girl is beautiful, and is so lucky to have such great parents. Brent and I are still in Texas and have one more year left at DTS! It's amazing how fast time has flown by, but we are excited to see where God leads us next. We didn't send out a Christmas card this year, but we have been meaning (you know how that can go at times) to send you a letter to catch-up =) This is a great way to keep in touch.

Lots of Love,
Brent and Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hilarious that you confessed the bedding obsession on the blog! I wasn't going to tell anyone how crazy we were, but it's a great story and too good to pass up... (and think about how much money you "saved" by buying this now, instead of looking at "designer" expensive bedding in the future that you may not like as much...)! We love Target!!
XOXO, Carrie

Anonymous said...

That is very funny! I went on target.com to check out what the must have baby pattern was...very cute!
Giselle