Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Brian's Day Off

Brian just moved his day off from Fridays to Mondays and I think it was a great decision. He's actually taken the last two Mondays off! It's been nice because Brian really does need a little rest after the intensity of Sundays, and little things kept popping up during the week pushing his responsibilities to be taken care of on Friday (his supposed day off.) Now by taking Mondays off, he has no choice. Time just runs out on him at the end of the week. I personally love his days off because he is so cute and optimistic about all he'll get done. I think one Sunday he mentioned 20 different things that he could get done on his day off. So precious. To be fair, he has done tons on his days off, and it is great to have such a helpful husband. On Monday, he decorated our exterior for Christmas. The Hessels from St. Peter own a greenhouse and give us the outside decorations as a present. They gave us a fresh wreath, the evergreen roping, a beautiful poinsettia and a batch of holly. Brian put up the lights on Monday and I love them. I turn on the lights even in the morning as I leave for work so I can see them as I drive away. I know I am an absolute goof. Brian really has gotten much done for us on his days off, as I admit my contributions to the household have slowed quite a bit as my pregnancy has progressed. School is taking quite a bit of my daily energy, but I am doing well. Luckily, we have a few more Mondays until the baby arrives for Brian to continue whittling away his honey-do list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B and B-the house looks great! Bri sounds like me with my to do lists which are ALWAYS more ambitious than reality allows! Wa may have to come early to MI-the forecast for here and Buffalo and Canada for Sun is not good. We'll talk. Linda

Anonymous said...

Beth,

This is what men do best--Exterior Illumination. Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation, Myself at my parents' house, and now Brain at your house. Its just in our genetic code.

<3
Tony