Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Davies-Bundalo Visit


This past Wednesday my Mom arrived for a visit. Besides helping me buy my first official maternity wear (black pants and jeans), she is helping us in refinishing the wood upstairs. The parsonage has all this great 1927 original dark hardwood trim, doors, and built-ins. She uses goof off to strip all the grime and messy paint splotches from previous parsonage dwellers, and then freshens it up with a min-wax stain/poly combo. She is very good at this task and it makes such a difference in the overall appearance.
The Davies arrived for their visit on Friday! We certainly kept them busy. Linda, my Mom and I did some serious baby shopping with a travel system and rug for the baby's room as our conquests. As usual we were very successful. Brian and his Dad were busy with many home improvement projects. They replaced the ceiling fan in the baby's room, put up new shelving in Brian's closet, winterized the lawn, and fixed the paint splatters on the house shingles. I think I was most excited about the shingles project. When the eves were painted a long time ago it was done a little hastily and there were a lot of white paint splatters left all along the side of the house. It was kind of like the garage doors and every time I pulled up they bothered me. Wa and Brian bought a can of reddish brown spray paint to match the shingles, Brian went up a ladder with his Dad holding, and they covered the 100 or so white paint splotches with the new color. You can't even tell where the white annoyances were anymore. It was great and brings a smile to my face whenever I come up to the side of the house.
On Sunday our visitors got to see the new contemporary service in action. Overall, it was a busy but fabulous weekend and we can't wait for them to return again soon. Thanks for all your help and everything you do for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just read the blog and enjoyed our visit once again! We had a wonderful time and loved being the recipients of the Davies-Bundalo Bed and Breakfast Royal Treatment. It was fun to see my girlfriend, too! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! Love to you both and Esmerelda! Linda And Wa