Thursday, June 14, 2007

Schools Out For Summer

Today was officially my last day of school for the year. It feels so nice to be done for a little while. I think I was anticipating summer break even more than the kids. The 90 degree + rooms without air conditioning certainly didn't help things these last two weeks, but all in all it was a very successful school year. It will be nice to return to the same school next year and see the same students and colleagues again. My year may have started out tough, but turned into one of my favorites as a teacher. I am also excited to report that for the first time in my teaching career, I will be teaching the same subject as the previous year! Over the summer I look forward to tweaking my plans and adequately preparing for next school year, after I unwind a little of course. It will be so nice to have a summer where we aren't packing all of our belongings and moving to another state. I barely know what I will do with myself. On a very exciting note we're kicking off our summer with a celebratory college graduate vacation with the Bundalos. We are leaving tomorrow for Chicago and from there we will head to Mexico. A week on the beach is more than we could ask for, but with our family it will be perfect. Hopefully, we'll have lots of pictures to post when we return.

No comments: