Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wings Game


One thing we're learning about Detroit-- It is a big sports town!
One thing we're learning about being a part of St. Peter-- The people are very generous, and once they find out you enjoy something they go out of your way to indulge you!

For instance, The Zilinskis are a wonderful new family to St. Peter with two pre-school aged boys and a new baby girl. When they learned of Brian and my interest in sporting events they invited us to go to a Wings game with them. Being that I have never been to a live hockey game I didn't quite know what to expect. However, I like sports and seeing new things, so I'm in. Brian is super excited the whole time. Well, we had an absolute blast! Hockey truly is one sport that TV just doesn't capture. We had great seats and great company in a 1-0 win for the Wings over Anaheim. I even found my self cheering for a fight that erupted at the end of a period and was on the edge of my seat as the Wings stopped numerous Anaheim power plays. Maybe the Wings can be the Detroit team we call our own. After all, we don't have a hockey team yet. I'm not quite sure about this though, my cousin Ginger, an avid Blackhawks fan, might disown me. It was a great night and a generous gift from our new friends the Zilinskis. (I wish we had taken a picture of the four of us to post, but the one of Brian and I will have to do.)

3 comments:

Alesha said...

Hey Beth and Brain! Nick and I are thinking about a road trip that may include a stop in Michigan...are you around and willing to play host sometime at the end of July, or August? (aleshaschutz@gmail.com)

Id have to agree, live hockey is much better than on TV. And the fans are nuts! Its a blast.

Mary said...

Hi you two! Miss you. I'm so happy for you and your life!

Mary(former co-worker at WLC... I'm not former, you are former... I meant you and I previously worked together)

Hi!

Anonymous said...

Brain and Beth:

Ok here's the poop:

You 2 are NOT allowed to be fans of anything Detroit. 0, nada, NOTHING! Haha j/k. C'mon, really though, the Red Wings are so silly. The Blackhawks may stink more than stank itself, but at least we try really hard and have a way better emblem! Besides, the Wings are from Detroit. Did you forget that? Its the same city as that crummy Tigers baseball team that thinks their good.

I try to think about it as such:...This is hockey and hockey has fighting. Who would win in a fight? A hubcap with a wing? Or a Blackhawk? I think we all know the answer.....GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

You guys still rock!

<3,
Guge