Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Back from Atlanta




I am back from my NCTM conference and it was wonderful. Professionally, I picked up some great material to take back to my classroom. I went to sessions on closing the achievement gap, cooperative learning in the math classroom, modeling functions in Algebra, how to help at risk learners, and many other interesting sessions. Personally, it was so nice to be back with old friends from my previous Math department. They are all doing well and we had a great time together, as you can see from the pictures. For a bunch of math nerds we have a fun time. According to my old department you would think the gender issue in math was the other way around. I hope Steve didn't feel too out numbered. My old colleagues are great people and excellent teachers. It was fun and inspiring to be with them again.

1 comment:

The Libutti Family said...

Who knew a math teacher's conference could be so fun? I'm glad you had a good time and got to see old friends. Congrats on your wonderful email from your observation! How lucky your students are to have such a talented, dedicated and cutting-edge teacher!
Have a great visit with Linda and Wa. We wish we were there!