Friday, February 5, 2010

The weather outside is frightful...

But our life is so delightful...As long as I've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. As a stay at home Mom, I've come to enjoy winter a little more than when I was working and had to commute in it. Brian and I have noticed now that we live in Lake County, we get a good amount of snow (more than any other place we've lived including MN), and I love it. I love to look out and see the puffy clouds falling as we are cozy inside, and I love how a fresh snowfall looks on our otherwise dreary winter landscape. In our sub there is a lake and a pond where our park district maintains ice skating rinks on which many hockey games are played. It is all so picturesque. Kate is also starting to appreciate snow. We got a few inches of snow the other day, and quite a bit more a few weeks ago. Brian and Kate made it outside for some great fun! Here are pics from their outing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have more snow in VA than you have! And I would NOT call it delightful.....aarrgghh! Love, LW

Anonymous said...

Love the way Kate brought her Dora book outside! It appears she and Daddy were having a VERY good time! Does she expect HOT CHOCOLATE after she comes in like her dad, aunt, and cousins? Love, Gammie and Pop Pop