Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Tuesday was my 29th Birthday, and it was a great week of celebration. There is something comforting about knowing I still have an entire year to be in my twenties. As you can see from the picture, I am progressing along in pregnancy and am now 31 weeks. All is going smoothly and I can't believe I have single digit weeks left! Maybe all the changes in our life have made this pregnancy go faster or maybe its just chasing around our adorable almost 2 year old.

For a special birthday treat Brian arranged an overnight for himself and I in Downtown Chicago. We stayed at Hotel 71 on the corner of Michigan Ave and Wacker Dr. The location was fabulous, and the views spectacular. It was great to spend time together. We had gorgeous weather and walked the city Friday from Millennium Park, to the Magnificent Mile, and to Navy Pier. For dinner Brian went out of his way to get us a table at Frontera Grill, Rick Bayless's Mexican Restaurant. He is from one of our favorite shows, Top Chef and it is next to impossible to get a table. The food was outstanding! When we walked in for our 7 o'clock reservation they were on a four hour walk-in wait. On Saturday Morning my pregnant self was a little walked out and we took an architectual boat tour of the city. All the planning that Brian did was just wonderful and made for a wonderful birthday getaway.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Has this chef always been there or is it more recent? That's where Adam took me for my 21st (granted, ten years ago already!), and I don't think the wait was like that! Great food even then, though. Happy Birthday, by the way!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Bethie! We are hoping your birthday was wonderful! You look fabulous! Becoming a mommy again certainly agrees with you! Can't wait to see you in less than a month! Love to you all! Gammie and Pops

Winterhoff Family said...

Happy Birthday, Beth! It looks like you guys had a fabulous celebration. Seeing those pictures made me miss Chicago so much- I love that city! Hope we can come visit sometime soon! So much excitement for you in the next few weeks/months. Love to all!

Carlin Family said...

Happy Birthday Beth... you look AMAZING!! What a fun birthday celebration. If only you were walking around with a glass of wine and dumping that coffee it would be all the better.

The Stark Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Beth!!!! We love you and miss you! Love- The Starks