Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kiddieland


While on our trip to Chicago my Mom, sister, and I took Kate to Kiddieland. Kiddieland is an adorable amusement park geared toward families and little kids. Kate had an absolute blast. She loved and went on every ride, and showed us quite an adventurous spirit. It was so much fun to take my little girl to a place I remember so fondly as a child. Kiddieland has been around since the 50s and everyone that has grown up in Chicago has great memories of going there. Unfortunately, this is Kiddieland's last season of operation. It will soon be torn down to be a Costco. Isn't that terrible! A Coscto! It is a depressing note of the era we live in when a practical landmark is replaced by the sterility of a big box retailer. But at least I got to take one of my children there before it was gone! Being that it is Kiddieland's last season we truly savored the trip and took LOTS of pictures and video above and below. You can really see Kate's enjoyment in a few of the shots, enjoy.

CLICK HERE for Video of Kate at Kiddieland!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun the entire family was having! Wa and I were grinning ear to ear watching it! Kate does have an adventuresome spirit-she was having a BALL! What a shame that the place will be torn down! That would be like losing Hoffman's around here-a very sad day! Love, Gammie and Pop Pop

Anonymous said...

How I Love Kiddieland,,, I was really happy to be there with Kate. What wonderful memories we have of going there with you three several times each summer. I have to find some pictures I have of you kids there, I think we have them of you on the same bus! Kate was adorable and acted like a 3 year old.
Love you guys, can't wait until next week,
Love, Nana and Pa

Anonymous said...

What a priceless, precious experience...and what a travesty to turn it into a Costco's! There was a song, back in the day, that said "They paved Paradise and put up a parking lot".....that seems to be going on still. I'm glad Kate will have pictures to let her know about a nostalgic treasure! Love, the VA Wints