Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kate's Chicago Trip


The week before last Kate and I were in Chicago and we had a great time! We got to see all of our Chicago family and some great friends. We went to many lunches, visited the community pool, and took Kate to the baby swings at the park. She loved everything of course! We also got to do some fun Chicago outings. We met Alina, little Tommy, and Aunt Katie downtown. Coordinating two baby's schedules and dodging rush hour traffic was quite the feat. I must say we managed well. We made it to the Lincoln Park Conservatory and saw the beautiful flowers. We ate lunch at Chicago Joe's and visited Lincoln Park Zoo. These were all things I did as a kid with my Mom and was very excited to do them with Kate. They really brought back some great memories. Especially one from the Farm in the Zoo...
My Mom was notorious for taking us and our friends on great outings. One of our favorites was the Zoo, and our favorite stop was the Farm in the zoo. We saw the chicks hatching, the little piglets, and of course the horses for my sister Katie. It really was and still is quite neat. Well, on our outing we also brought carrots and apples to feed the farm animals. This was certainly a highlight of our trip. As I got older and started to read I noticed the signs that said Do Not Feed the Animals. I asked my Mom about it and she replied, "That just means no junk food for the animals. Apples and carrots are good for them." Being the ever naive child and believing of course everything my Mom said that sounded pretty good to me. I wonder if my Mom will do the same with Kate? I certainly hope so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read the don't feed the animals story from your childhood, Beffie! AND my favorite Kate pic was by the lake with her serious Brian face. Great pics of you all! Looked like a wonderful trip all around! See you in a month! Yippee! Love, Gammie

Amy said...

Oh - you're making me miss Chicago even more, if that's possible. I so wish we were closer so we could get in for visits every now and then. Does Katie live/work downtown? What is she doing? And I love Kate's legs in the pictures in the swings. Holy chub!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the front page!
We had such a great time, Kate wore me out, I don't know how you manage her on the go all day long!
It was a really Wonderful time!
You talk like we were feeding the animals marshmallows, the apples and carrots we brought were well recieved ( and good for the animals)
Love you three, can't wait to see you next week,
Mama Nana